Gorkamorka

nightwing
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Gorkamorka

Postby nightwing » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:15 pm

So I dug out my Gorkamorka stuff this morning...

If anyone needs to borrow a trukk for the campaign, I'm pretty sure I can oblige as my gang won't need all 5 :lol:

And Al, I definitely have another trak floating around (possibly in my bits box), will dig around and try and find it for a 'grot mobile' ;)
AlWeeks

Postby AlWeeks » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:55 pm

"And Al, I definitely have another trak floating around (possibly in my bits box), will dig around and try and find it for a 'grot mobile' ;)
"

Cheers, I'll let you know when I'm likely to be down at the Duke next, and I'll bring some cash :-)
Azzabat
Flag: Canada

Postby Azzabat » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:52 pm

I'll have to dig mine out. I made some nice trikes and quad bikes for my gang. Now WHERE did the little buggers ride off to?
I know the voices aren't real ... but they have such FASCINATING ideas!

C J = )
Monk
Committee Member
Flag: Germany

Postby Monk » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:38 pm

Stop making me want to buy stuff...
My Painting - Http://thepaintingmonkey.wordpress.com
My Ramblings - https://twitter.com/MunkeyKungFu

Games currently playing
X-Wing| Board games Galore| Guild Ball | Warhammer Conquest | Game of Thrones LCG
Loki
Flag: Ireland

Postby Loki » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:39 am

CH1LLYD0GG wrote:After reading the ork 40k codex and crying like a snotling I need something for my Orks to do - so why not this!

Got tons of bits and lots & lots painted ready to play. Might try and get some tester games in before June as I learn more from playing than pretending to read ;)

I'd be up for some practice games before June, got some bits to sort through, give me a couple of weeks to glue them together and I'd be up for some practice games in May :)
Bristol Vanguard - 2015 WPS Blood Bowl Champions
AlWeeks

Postby AlWeeks » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:33 am

Nightwing I'm down at the duke tomorrow if your able to bring the track bitz down.
nightwing

Postby nightwing » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Awesome, I'm down for X Wing Tuesday anyway. Having dug it out, it is a trak, assembled, but missing crew and gun. Should be ideal for your purposes!
AlWeeks

Postby AlWeeks » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:09 pm

Cheers how much you want for it?
nightwing

Postby nightwing » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:43 pm

4 quid work for you?
AlWeeks

Postby AlWeeks » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:54 pm

Deal :-)
KolgothMountaineater

Postby KolgothMountaineater » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:38 pm

CH1LLYD0GG wrote:After reading the ork 40k codex and crying like a snotling I need something for my Orks to do - so why not this!

Got tons of bits and lots & lots painted ready to play. Might try and get some tester games in before June as I learn more from playing than pretending to read ;)

I think I must have missed something, when did Orks get a new codex? I don't recall seeing anything online. What about it makes you "cry like a Snotling"?
That rumbling's not thunder, the great maw hungers!!

I lead the mightiest ogre horde in Bristol!

WHFB armies: High Elves, Ogre Kingdoms, Lizardmen, Skaven, Nippon Empire, Dwarf Slayers, & Orcs & Goblins.
40k armies: Black Templars & Orks
Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight & Rhulic Mercenaries
Mailifaux factions: Ten Thunders & Viktorias
Necromunda: Cawdor gang
CH1LLYD0GG
Flag: Falkland Islands

Postby CH1LLYD0GG » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:02 pm

I still haven't caught up fully on the latest edition. Skimmed through to see if anything good had been changed but got all distracted and hung up on mob rule. Beginning to think I mis - read it cos people say it's not that bad.
Cider I up Landlord
Loki

Postby Loki » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:13 am

I've stuck most of my Mob together just got to get the wheels back on the truck and we're good to go, for the glory of Gork or maybe Mork... we're not quite sure who we're follwoing yet :)
nightwing

Postby nightwing » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:41 am

Loki wrote:I've stuck most of my Mob together just got to get the wheels back on the truck and we're good to go, for the glory of Gork or maybe Mork... we're not quite sure who we're follwoing yet :)

A tricky decision- are your boyz cunningly brutal or brutally cunning? ;)
Loki

Postby Loki » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:49 am

Quick rules question. I have modelled up a boyz with 2 Choppas more for the look than any real game advantage but it did get me thinking...

If a boyz Slugga has failed an ammo roll or his six-shoota needs reloading can it still be used in CC to get the '2 weapons' bonus?
Hung
Flag: Hungary

Postby Hung » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:08 am

I ordered the start of my mob this morning so should have them built sometime this week . As for your question Dave , I don't think so but I'm not 100% sure
Jamesg

Postby Jamesg » Fri May 01, 2015 7:34 am

Hey guys - interested in joining, I missed gorkamorka the first time but as a big ork player this sounds ideal!

How do you run your games? Arrange a weekly night? Do you play at the duke or BIG? James
nightwing

Postby nightwing » Fri May 01, 2015 8:11 am

Jamesg wrote:Hey guys - interested in joining, I missed gorkamorka the first time but as a big ork player this sounds ideal!

How do you run your games? Arrange a weekly night? Do you play at the duke or BIG? James

The more the merrier! We'll be looking to kick this off in a month or so (I think everyone is busy assmbling their gangs!). This will be a casual, arrange-games-whenever, fight-whoever-turns-up campaign. I suspect, due to people's schedules, most games will probably end up being played weekeday evenings at the Duke, arranged on a week by week basis
Loki

Postby Loki » Fri May 01, 2015 8:17 am

Now I'm in Keynsham I could do BIG as well as the Duke just be a case of seeing what suits people :)
Jamesg

Postby Jamesg » Sat May 02, 2015 3:32 pm

Thanks guys - sounds good :-) I'm bidding in some stuff on eBay so should be good.

Will need a demo game as it's years since I played 'old rules'.

Are we using the set online. Any house customisation?
Jamesg

Postby Jamesg » Wed May 06, 2015 8:55 pm

Hey all, when's the plan to kick off the campaign? Is everyone starting a new mob at that point so we start off roughly even to begin with?

I'd be keen for a game to familiarise myself with the rules sometime if anyone fancies it?

James
Azzabat

Postby Azzabat » Wed May 06, 2015 11:19 pm

I could do with a fresher as well. Been years since I Gorked myself,

CJ = )

C J = )
nightwing

Postby nightwing » Thu May 07, 2015 7:00 am

New mobs all round, starting June sometime. Maybe have a refresher evening or 2 mid to late May? Try and get everyone together so we have half a dozen people playing 'friendlies' :D
Jamesg

Postby Jamesg » Tue May 12, 2015 9:34 pm

Right - my mobs all painted up and I'm raring to get started - if anyone fancies a warm up game let me know via pm?

Quick questions on the rules:

If I give a model say - a kannon, slugga and choppa - can I use the kannon when I want to shoot but when charging/being charged switch to a the slugga/ccw combo for the extra attack?

Also as it isn't actually specifically stated anywhere.... When rolling to penetrate at d6+s are you rolling equal too, or above the armour value?

James
nightwing

Postby nightwing » Wed May 13, 2015 7:59 am

Re your first query, no; if you have another weapon e.g. a kannon, you don't get the +1 A bonus in combat. You only receive the +1 attack if you are ONLY wielding 2 close combat weapons or pistols. Add another weapon and it's lost.

Second query- can't recall, I think it is equal, but will check tonight.

And re a game- I'm busy this week, how about next week for a game?
radegast6@gmail.com
Flag: Poland

Postby radegast6@gmail.com » Wed May 13, 2015 3:37 pm

bummer i WILL HAVE TO READ RULES for gorka morka.
Username: radegast6@gmail.com
Games -Warmachine -Khador,dreadballveer-myn,WarzoneRessurection-Mishima,2nd.ed.BauchausMilitia,Deadzone-all Warpath-Verr-myn,Infinity Ariadna, Necromunda Malifaux - GuildBoard Games-Risk,Zombies!!!,SpaceHulk,ProjectPandora,
Games to be Xwing, Wolfsung
My painting blog -http://miniaturesconversion.blogspot.co.uk/
Loki

Postby Loki » Thu May 14, 2015 2:04 pm

An interesting rule that I noticed for GM which differed from my experiance with 40K is that when you have 2 weapons in CC you hit with them alternatley. So if you have a Str3 pistol and Str4 Choppa and you score 3 hits at least one of them has to be with the Str3 pistol rather being to make all hits with the stronger weapon.
nightwing

Postby nightwing » Thu May 14, 2015 2:40 pm

Quite right Dave- Necromunda uses the same rules. You choose which hits first, but you alternate (so in the case of 3 hits, you would normally opt for 2 S4, 1 S3 hit). Makes sense from a fluff standpoint- raining blow after blow down on your opponent
Monk
Committee Member
Flag: Germany

Postby Monk » Sun May 17, 2015 6:51 am

After seeing mad max last night I am looking at joining in using the diggas but my god the prices on eBay are bloody ridiculous. Anyone know of some good stand in manufacturers with decent post apocalyptic vehicles
My Painting - Http://thepaintingmonkey.wordpress.com
My Ramblings - https://twitter.com/MunkeyKungFu

Games currently playing
X-Wing| Board games Galore| Guild Ball | Warhammer Conquest | Game of Thrones LCG
Azzabat

Postby Azzabat » Sun May 17, 2015 10:28 am

Ramshackle Games do some nice vehicles: http://shop.ramshacklegames.co.uk/index ... ex&cPath=6

Westwind do some nice bikers: http://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/ca ... th=106_107

And Aberrant Games do/did a vehicular combat game called Warlands: http://store.aberrantgames.com/wlgaac.html

Figure wise Wargames Foundry do some lovely Street Violence minis: http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/our-rang ... t-violence

Wreck Age did some nice ones on a kickstarter a while back if you can track them down, as did Comfy Chair Games for a game called Spinespur.

Hope this helps.

C J = )

C J = )

Return to “Necromunda”