New Player

Moderator: Jamrowski

brewmaster

New Player

Postby brewmaster » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:56 pm

Hey guys,

I have the rules and a bunch of models on the way and would be interested in playing. Do you still play and if so, are you taking in new players?

Some of you may remember me from my initial FoW expressions of interest but I've ultimately stuck with the skirmish games (GuildBall, and now Frostgrave as well) instead.
Azzabat
Flag: Canada

Re: New Player

Postby Azzabat » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:31 pm

We still play, and new players are always welcome, but the campaign sort of stalled a bit. Several teams took quite a hit early on, one Wizard killing himself stone dead on a double 1 dice roll, and others being severely mauled. Plus it seems a lot of the players were away at differing times, or were unable to play. Also I take some blame as I had a lot of other commitments and didn't post/chase very much.

Stu who owns the pub, and I are always available for a game (just not Wednesday's) if you fancy playing?

CJ = )
I know the voices aren't real ... but they have such FASCINATING ideas!

C J = )
brewmaster

Postby brewmaster » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:50 pm

I do. I need to assemble a warband from the models first though - any tips on a good one that can be made from just the soldiers box, with either Chronomancer, Sigilist or Enchanter as the mage?
Stu's Idle
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Stu's Idle » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:08 pm

brewmaster wrote:I do. I need to assemble a warband from the models first though - any tips on a good one that can be made from just the soldiers box, with either Chronomancer, Sigilist or Enchanter as the mage?

You first warband can be quite 'light and fast'. Don't worry about knights etc. Theives are a must (for speed). Bowmen/Crossbows are a good idea and otherwise a couple of dogs and the rest thugs.
One thing you may want to consider is a Captain (available from the Sellsword expansion (https://ospreypublishing.com/frostgrave-sellsword-38678)). Not a vital inclusion but adds some interesting options.
Flames Of War: Soviets
Team Yankee (6mm and 15mm): Soviets
Bolt Action: Soviets
DUST: SSU aka Soviets (anyone spotted the theme yet?)
Star Wars Armada: Imperials (Space Soviets, a long, long time ago)
Epic Armageddon: Imperials (Space Soviets, in the grim, far future)
Frostgrave: Dwarves (Short Soviets)

Return to “Frostgrave”